- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Seven Green's Soup Recipe
|Chicken stock||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Butter||7 Tablespoon (7/8 Stick)|
|Finely chopped cabbage||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped lettuce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Red Leaf)|
|Finely chopped lettuce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Romaine Or Iceberg)|
|Finely chopped spinach||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Alfalfa sprouts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic clove||1 Small, crushed|
|Half and half||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chives||1 Tablespoon, for garnish|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1772 Calories from Fat 1108
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 126 g193.7%
Saturated Fat 74.6 g372.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 344.1 mg
Sodium 1906.1 mg79.4%
Total Carbohydrates 119 g39.6%
Dietary Fiber 5 g20.1%
Sugars 17.5 g
Protein 44 g88.1%
Vitamin A 184.2% Vitamin C 88.7%
Calcium 39.5% Iron 46.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Place a big saucepan on medium heat, add stock and bring till mixture starts simmering.
2. Place another big saucepan on medium heat, add 4 tbsp butter and melt it. Stir in lettuces, cabbage, parsley, spinach, garlic and alfalfa sprouts and sauté to wilt. Mix with simmering stock and cook gently.
3. Meanwhile, add 3 tbsp butter in saucepan, add 3 tbsp flour and stirring intermittently, cook for 3 to 5 minutes, till mixture leaves the pan sides. Add to simmering stock and continue to simmer, stirring occasionally, to thicken the soup.
4. Blend in half and half. Add pepper and salt to taste.
5. Use finely chopped chives for garnishing and serve hot.