- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sevai Kheer (With Khoya) Recipe Video
|Desi ghee/Butter||4 Teaspoon|
|Sevai||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Vermicelli)|
|Chopped almonds||2 Tablespoon (As needed)|
|Chopped cashewnuts||2 Tablespoon (As needed)|
|Raisins||1 Tablespoon (As needed)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Saffron||1 Pinch (A few strands used)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Khoya||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cardamom powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Slivered almonds||1 Tablespoon (As needed)|
|Chopped cashews||1 Tablespoon (As needed)|
Calories 315 Calories from Fat 128
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.4%
Saturated Fat 5.2 g25.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 21.6 mg
Sodium 51.3 mg2.1%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.8%
Sugars 17.4 g
Protein 10 g19.7%
Vitamin A 2.5% Vitamin C 1.1%
Calcium 15.8% Iron 7.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat a pan with desi ghee at medium-high heat.
2. When the ghee melts, add sevai and roast at low heat until golden in color.
3. Add the chopped almonds, cashews and raisins and stir fry for a minute.
4. Add milk and stir to mix. Cover and bring it to a boil. Let boil for about 7 minutes.
5. After 7 minutes, uncover and add saffron. Stir lightly.
6. Add sugar and khoya (homemade khoya used) - Watch How To Make Mawa / Khoya /khawa At Home
7. Stir and bring to a boil.
8. Finally add cardamom powder and stir.
9. Garnish with slivered almonds and cashews and serve as a dessert after a traditional Indian meal or during festivals or auspicious occasions.