- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sesame Seed Anise Cookies Recipe
|Anise seed||1 Tablespoon|
|Boiling water||2 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sifted all purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Egg||1 Large, lightly beaten|
|Toasted sesame seed||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3536 Calories from Fat 1835
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 212 g325.6%
Saturated Fat 98.7 g493.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 785.8 mg
Sodium 352.2 mg14.7%
Total Carbohydrates 365 g121.5%
Dietary Fiber 26.4 g105.7%
Sugars 134.8 g
Protein 64 g127.4%
Vitamin A 95.2% Vitamin C 5.3%
Calcium 146.6% Iron 208.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven at 400° F.
2) In a saucepan, add water and boil.
3) Add in the anise seed and steep while mixing the dough.
4) Slowly blend in the sugar with butter or margarine and soda.
5) Beat in the egg.
6) Drain the anise seed and add.
7) Little at a time, stir in the flour and mix well to a soft dough.
8) Refrigerate till stiff enough to handle.
9) Pinching little dough at a time, shape into 1/4-inch balls.
10) Arrange on an ungreased cookie sheet, placing 3 inches apart.
11) Add a piece of waxed paper over the cookies and flatten to 1/16-inch thickness, using the bottom of a glass.
12) Remove the waxed paper.
13) Brush the top of the cookies with lightly beaten egg.
14) Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
15) Place in the oven and bake for 7 to 8 minutes, till lightly browned.
16) Lightly dust with sugar and serve.