- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
The Geeky Gourmet Ep 5: Sesame Chicken Recipe Video
|Boneless skinless chicken breasts||2|
|Sesame seeds||3 Tablespoon|
|Garlic powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Romaine head||1⁄2 , torn in small pieces|
|Ice berg lettuce||1⁄4 , torn in small pieces|
|Julienne cut carrot||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned mandarin orange segments||14 Ounce, drained|
|Asian salad dressing||2 Tablespoon (or more)|
|Crisp chowmein noodles||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Optional)|
Calories 719 Calories from Fat 206
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g36.9%
Saturated Fat 6.6 g33.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 109.8 mg
Sodium 574 mg23.9%
Total Carbohydrates 78 g25.9%
Dietary Fiber 7.7 g30.8%
Sugars 49.8 g
Protein 51 g101.4%
Vitamin A 219% Vitamin C 116.2%
Calcium 31.2% Iron 36.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. In a microwave or on stove top, heat the honey until warm.
3. In oven proof bowl, place the chicken breast and brush with honey on all sides.
4. In a bowl, mix together sesame seeds, garlic powder and black pepper powder.
5. Sprinkle the sesame mixture over chicken and bake in oven for 30 minutes or until light brown on top
6. In a bowl, put all the ingredients for Asian salad, and toss well to coat with dressing.
7. Cut the chicken breast in slices and serve with Asian salad.