- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sesame Stir Fry Recipe
|Vegetable oil||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Gingerroot||2 1⁄2 Milliliter, finely chopped|
|Sesame seeds||1⁄2 Ounce (15 Gram)|
|Mangetout||2 Ounce (55 Gram)|
|Celery stick||1 , sliced|
|Baby corn||2 , halved|
|Water chestnuts||2 Ounce, thinly sliced (55 Gram)|
|Button mushrooms||1 Ounce, thinly sliced (30 Gram)|
|Onion spring||1 , sliced|
|Red pepper||1 Small, seeded, thinly sliced|
|Chinese leaves||4 Ounce, shredded (115 Gram)|
|Bean sprouts||4 Ounce (115 Gram)|
|Cornflour||1⁄2 Ounce (15 Gram)|
|Soy sauce||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Sherry||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Sesame oil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 155 Calories from Fat 89
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.7%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g6.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 506.8 mg21.1%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.3%
Sugars 3.9 g
Protein 4 g7.5%
Vitamin A 50% Vitamin C 111.1%
Calcium 8.5% Iron 10.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a browning dish and keep on the microwave oven at High for about 5 minutes to heat it.
2. Add vegetable oil, sesame seeds and ginger, and at high, cook for 30 seconds and stir thoroughly
3. Add baby corn cobs, mangetout, water chestnuts, celery, spring onion, pepper and mushrooms, stir to coat completely with oil and cook at high for about 4 minutes, stirring continuously for all vegetables to turn evenly brown.
4. Add bean sprouts and Chinese leaves and toss well. Stir and cook for about 1 more minute.
5. Take a small bowl, and prepare a smooth liquid mixture of sherry, corn flour, soy sauce, 4 tbsp water and sesame oil.
6. Use a cling film to cover the bowl and using a sharp knife, make perforations. Cook, stirring 1 or 2 times, for about 1 to 2 minutes on high or till a clear, smooth sauce is formed.
7. Top the vegetables with sauce and mix well to form an even coating.
8. Heat for 1 minute at High and serve.