- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sesame Spice Candy Recipe
|Brown sesame seeds||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Barley malt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 945 Calories from Fat 567
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 63 g97%
Saturated Fat 7.9 g39.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 20.6 mg0.9%
Total Carbohydrates 87 g28.9%
Dietary Fiber 18.5 g74%
Sugars 31.1 g
Protein 27 g53.4%
Vitamin A 0.2% Vitamin C 0.74%
Calcium 127.6% Iron 110.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a 12x12 shallow baking pan and grease it.
2. In an ungreased skillet, toast sesame seeds for 5-10 minutes over medium heat or until it becomes aromatic and seeds begin to pop.
3. Transfer the contents into a bowl, while ensuring that no seeds are left out in the skillet.
4. In the skillet, add honey, barley malt, cinnamon and ginger. Heat it over low flame and bring it to a full rolling boil over a very low flame. Ensure that you stir it often. Cook this syrup for 4 minutes.
5. Remove skillet from flame and add sesame seeds.
6. In the greased baking pan, immediately take the above mixture.
7. Using light pressure pat it with rubber spatula and then the palm of your hand. More pressure will cause the hot candy to stick. If need be wet hands with cold water for patting but do this sparingly so that honey does not have much water to absorb.
8. Cool the candy for around 10 minutes and then check whether it can be cut into squares first and then triangles. Don't wait longer as the candy will harden and it will be difficult to cut.
9. Store in an airtight container.
10. Serve Sesame Spice Candy as it is.