- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sesame Seed Oil Crust Recipe
|Whole wheat flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), measured scoop and level|
|White sesame seeds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Hulled)|
|Ice water||8 Tablespoon (6 Plus 2 Tablespoon)|
|Egg white||1 , lightly beaten|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1447 Calories from Fat 858
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 97 g149%
Saturated Fat 10.3 g51.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1047.6 mg43.6%
Total Carbohydrates 124 g41.5%
Dietary Fiber 19.8 g79.3%
Sugars 0.9 g
Protein 32 g63.3%
Vitamin A 0.3% Vitamin C
Calcium 6.1% Iron 35.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pre-heat the oven to 450Â°F.
2. Using either your hands or a food processor, mix the sesame seeds whole wheat flour and salt.
3. In a bowl, mix oil and ice water.
4. Slowly add the liquid and continue mixing.
5. Add more water if needed and knead or process the dough into a ball.
6. Flatten it into and 8-inch circle, dust with flour and place between two wax paper sheets.
7. With a rolling pin, roll from the center outward, carefully peeling off the wax paper to release dough and replacing paper. Repeat with the other side. Repeat the process till the dough is 11 inches in diameter.
8. Take a 9-inch quiche pan with removable bottom or a 9-inch greased pie plate and place the dough on it, trimming the excess by rolling to pin on the top of the pan in case of the quiche pan , and trim the edge, leaving a 1-inch overhang, which you should then fold under and flute, in case of a pie plate..
9. Make holes on the surface with a fork.
10. In case of quiche pan, brush with lightly beaten egg white and refrigerate for one hour to dry. In case of pie plate, refrigerate for 10-15 minutes.
11. In the oven, bake for 15 minutes at 400Â°F if using a pie plate. And you may cook for 2-3 minutes to set the glaze in case of a quiche pan.
12. Cool on a wire rack before filling.
13. Serve with a filling of choice.
You can also bake the crust in a square pan. Take 1/3rd of the dough out and place the remaining in a layer at the bottom.
Divide the 1/3rd dough into four parts and make 6-6 1/2 inch strips of each, to press into the sides with the seams joined and bake.