- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sesame Puffs Recipe
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), sifted|
|Garlic salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1 Stick)|
|Dairy sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sesame seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 431 Calories from Fat 257
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g45%
Saturated Fat 17.9 g89.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 75.4 mg
Sodium 415.7 mg17.3%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.4%
Sugars 1.2 g
Protein 6 g11.6%
Vitamin A 17.4% Vitamin C 0.43%
Calcium 5.1% Iron 12.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven hot to 400°F.
2) In a medium-size bowl sift flour and garlic salt.
3) Using a pastry blender cut in butter and margarine.
4) Rub the mixture until crumbly.
5) Add sour cream and mix lightly with a fork until it clings together but leaves side of bowl.
6) Cover with wax paper or transparent wrap.
7) Chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
8) On a lightly floured pastry cloth or board, roll out pastry 1/4 inch thick.
9) With a floured 1 1/2-inch cutter cut into rounds or fancy shapes.
10) Arrange on ungreased cookie sheets.
11) Baste with water and sprinkle with sesame seeds on top.
12) Bake in oven for 15 minutes until puffed and golden.
13) Take off from cookie sheets to wire racks and cool.
14) Serve cold.