- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sesame Pralines Recipe
|Sesame seed||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Packed dark brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pecan halves||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 1141 Calories from Fat 500
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 59 g90.4%
Saturated Fat 10.5 g52.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 20.2 mg6.7%
Sodium 108.1 mg4.5%
Total Carbohydrates 156 g52%
Dietary Fiber 7.2 g28.6%
Sugars 123 g
Protein 9 g18.9%
Vitamin A 6.5% Vitamin C 1.2%
Calcium 24.7% Iron 15.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350°F
2. In the oven toast sesame seed for 15 minutes until golden brown.
3. In a 3-quart saucepan cook combining both sugars and cream over medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves.
4. Wash crystals from side of pan and cook to 230° on candy thermometer.
5. To a pan add butter, pecans and sesame seed and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, to 234° (soft ball stage).
6. Remove from heat, cool 2 to 3 minutes, then stir 2 minutes until slightly thickened.
7. Drop from spoon, working fast, onto buttered waxed paper, aluminum foil or marble slab.
8. Serve Sesame Pralines as snacks or with beverages.