- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sesame Oatmeal Brittle Recipe Video
|Steel cut oats||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Oat bran||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flaxseed meal||4 Tablespoon|
|Raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Pecans||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Blackstrap molasses||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Maple syrup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dates||3 , grounded|
|Cinnamon powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||2 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3649 Calories from Fat 1073
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 122 g188.4%
Saturated Fat 12.9 g64.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 331.2 mg13.8%
Total Carbohydrates 593 g197.7%
Dietary Fiber 95.7 g382.8%
Sugars 219 g
Protein 99 g198.7%
Vitamin A 2.7% Vitamin C 7.6%
Calcium 79.5% Iron 173.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F. Line a baking dish with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl place steel cut oats, oat bran, flaxseed meal, raisins, walnuts, almonds and pecans.
3. In a pan add in the blackstrap molasses, maple syrup, honey and dates. Place over medium – high heat and mix well.
4. Add in the tahini, cinnamon and vanilla extract.
5. Pour the syrup over the oat mixture and mix until incorporated.
6. Spoon out mixture into one thin layer on parchment lined cookie sheet.
7. Bake for 8 minutes at 350 Degrees F.
8. Cut the bars and serve for dessert.