- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sesame Kale Recipe Video
|Kale||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked (in vegetable broth with some shallots and garlic for about 40 minutes)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Shallots||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Sesame seeds||1 Teaspoon (white and black)|
|Seasoning||1 Pinch (Harvest Eating, as needed to taste)|
|Toasted sesame oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon (low sodium)|
Calories 76 Calories from Fat 56
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.6%
Saturated Fat 0.62 g3.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 219.6 mg9.2%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.3%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4.1%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 2 g3.5%
Vitamin A 52.4% Vitamin C 34%
Calcium 7.4% Iron 6.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Place a wok over a high heat, drizzle in the olive oil, add the shallots and stir fry for a few seconds.
2) Then add the precooked kale and sesame seeds and stir fry for a few seconds.
3) Sprinkle with the seasoning and pour in the soy sauce and sesame oil.
4) Toss all the ingredients, stir fry and cook for another few seconds.
5) Transfer the Sesame Kale to a serving plate and serve immediately.