- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sesame Ginger Rice Recipe
|Hot water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Uncooked long grain rice||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Carrots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Ginger root||3⁄4 Teaspoon, minced|
|Sesame||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 545 Calories from Fat 59
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.9%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 555.7 mg23.2%
Total Carbohydrates 108 g35.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.4%
Sugars 3.1 g
Protein 11 g22.1%
Vitamin A 213.8% Vitamin C 6.6%
Calcium 16.9% Iron 16.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a 2-quart casserole, place the water and salt.
2) Microwave on HIGH for 3 to 3 ½ minutes, till boiling.
3) Add the carrots, rice and gingerroot. Stir well.
4) Cover the preparation with a lid and microwave again on HIGH for 5 minutes.
5) Reduce the heat to MEDIUM and microwave for another 15 minutes, till the liquid has been absorbed.
6) Add the oil, stir well and let the rice stand for 5 minutes.
7) Transfer the hot rice to a serving plate, fluff with a fork and serve right away, piping hot.