- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sesame Crusted Chicken With Green Pea Puree Recipe
|Skinless boneless chicken breasts||1 1⁄2 Pound, halved|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Asian sesame oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Sesame seeds||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Dried bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken broth||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Unsweetened coconut milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh chives/Scallions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh cilantro leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Packed)|
|Fresh mint leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Packed)|
|Frozen petite peas||20 Ounce, thawed (2 Packages,10 Ounces Each)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter||4 Tablespoon (1/2 Stick, At Room Temperature)|
|Rice vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 747 Calories from Fat 415
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 47 g72.4%
Saturated Fat 18.4 g92.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 183.8 mg
Sodium 681.6 mg28.4%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.7%
Dietary Fiber 8.9 g35.8%
Sugars 8.8 g
Protein 52 g104.6%
Vitamin A 74.3% Vitamin C 52.7%
Calcium 18.9% Iron 34.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. In a shallow bowl, combine the egg with the soy sauce and 1 tablespoon of the sesame oil. In another shallow bowl, combine the sesame seeds with the bread crumbs. Dip the chicken in the egg mixture and then in the sesame seed mixture.
3. Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons sesame oil and the vegetable oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook over low heat until cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes per side. Meanwhile, combine the broth, coconut milk, chives, cilantro, and mint in a blender and puree until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
4. Heat the thawed peas with the water for 5 minutes in a microwave oven or in a covered saucepan over medium heat. Puree the heated peas and cooking water with the butter in a food processor, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove to a platter and keep warm.
5. When the chicken is cooked through, remove it to a plate and discard the fat from the skillet. Return the skillet to medium-high heat and add the vinegar. Boil down for a few seconds or until almost evaporated. Add the coconut puree and boil down until slightly thickened, 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Place a portion of pea puree on each dinner plate, arrange a chicken breast on top, and spoon some sauce over the chicken. Serve immediately.