- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sesame Butterfly Noodles Recipe
|Sesame seeds||2 Tablespoon|
|Snow peas||4 Ounce, strings and stem ends removed|
|Peanut oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Butterfly noodles||12 Ounce, dried (Farfalle)|
|Dried farfalle||12 Ounce (Or Butterfly Noodles)|
|Peanut sauce||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Black pepper||To Taste, coarsely ground|
|Coarsely ground black pepper||To Taste|
Calories 890 Calories from Fat 198
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g34.4%
Saturated Fat 5.4 g26.8%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 71.4 mg
Sodium 308.2 mg12.8%
Total Carbohydrates 142 g47.4%
Dietary Fiber 10.7 g43%
Sugars 5.8 g
Protein 25 g49.4%
Vitamin A 7.3% Vitamin C 28.5%
Calcium 11.7% Iron 27.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Julienne the snow peas.
2) In boiling water, blanch the peas for 30 seconds.
3) Rinse them immediately under cold running water and drain well.
4) Allow a large pot of salted water to come to a boil.
5) Cook noodles in it along with peanut oil until the noodles are just tender and then drain well.
6) Rinse it under cold running water and drain again.
7) In a small, dry skillet, over medium heat, toast sesame seeds for 3 to 4 minutes, shaking the pan constantly, until golden brown and keep aside, when done.
8) In a bowl, put the noodles, tossing it with the peanut sauce.
9) Add salt and pepper to taste.
10) To a serving bowl, transfer the noodles and top with julienned snow peas and toasted sesame seeds.
11) Serve at once.