- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sesame Butterfly Noodles Recipe
|Sesame seeds||2 Tablespoon|
|Snow peas||4 Ounce, strings and stem ends removed|
|Peanut oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Butterfly noodles||12 Ounce, dried (Farfalle)|
|Peanut sauce||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Black pepper||To Taste, coarsely ground|
Calories 575 Calories from Fat 183
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.1%
Saturated Fat 5.4 g26.8%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 71.4 mg23.8%
Sodium 308.1 mg12.8%
Total Carbohydrates 81 g26.9%
Dietary Fiber 7.7 g30.7%
Sugars 2.8 g
Protein 14 g28.4%
Vitamin A 7.2% Vitamin C 28.4%
Calcium 11.6% Iron 18.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Julienne the snow peas.
2) In boiling water, blanch the peas for 30 seconds.
3) Rinse them immediately under cold running water and drain well.
4) Allow a large pot of salted water to come to a boil.
5) Cook noodles in it along with peanut oil until the noodles are just tender and then drain well.
6) Rinse it under cold running water and drain again.
7) In a small, dry skillet, over medium heat, toast sesame seeds for 3 to 4 minutes, shaking the pan constantly, until golden brown and keep aside, when done.
8) In a bowl, put the noodles, tossing it with the peanut sauce.
9) Add salt and pepper to taste.
10) To a serving bowl, transfer the noodles and top with julienned snow peas and toasted sesame seeds.
11) Serve at once.