- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sesame Baked Clams Recipe
|Canned water chestnuts||4 , diced|
|Canned bean sprouts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Scallions||4 , finely chopped|
|Soy sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Fresh ginger/1/4 teaspoon ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sesame seeds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2454 Calories from Fat 781
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 88 g135.9%
Saturated Fat 29.5 g147.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 749.5 mg
Sodium 11649 mg485.4%
Total Carbohydrates 98 g32.5%
Dietary Fiber 11.1 g44.5%
Sugars 15.1 g
Protein 290 g580.8%
Vitamin A 34.5% Vitamin C 26%
Calcium 317.6% Iron 865.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 450° F.
2) Chop the clams and reserve the clam shells.
3) Mix the clams, water chestnuts, bean sprouts, scallions, ginger and soy sauce together and spoon into the clam shells.
4) In a saucepan, blend the flour in melted butter with a wire whisk.
5) Allow the milk to boil and pour into the butter-flour mixture, stir continuously until the sauce is smooth and thick.
6) Then, stir in the cheese until melted.
7) Spoon the sauce over the filled clam shells and sprinkle with the sesame seeds.
8) In the baking pans layered with the rock salt, place the filled clam shells.
9) Bake in the preheated oven for 4-5 minutes.
10) Serve immediately.