- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Frozen Hot Chocolate (Serendipity) Recipe Video
|Whole milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Chocolate||6 Ounce (different varieties)|
|Granulated sugar||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Cocoa powder||3 Teaspoon (drinking chocolate)|
|Ice cubes||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
Calories 285 Calories from Fat 138
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.7%
Saturated Fat 9.4 g47.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 8.5 mg2.8%
Sodium 39.4 mg1.6%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g13%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15%
Sugars 33.3 g
Protein 5 g10.5%
Vitamin A 1.7% Vitamin C
Calcium 11.4% Iron 10.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Shave some chocolate and save it for garnish.
2. Chop the rest of the chocolate and put it in a heat proof bowl.
3. In a double boiler melt while stirring continuously. Put the sugar and cocoa and continue stirring till they are incorporated and melted.
4. Remove it from heat and let it cool. Stir continuously to avoid lumps and form a smooth mix. Slowly pour the milk and whisk constantly to combine.
5. In a blender put the ice cubes and the chocolate mix and blend till coarse.
6. In a serving glass, pour this chocolate, garnish with whipping cream and chocolate shavings and serve.