- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Senegalese Soup Recipe
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Carrot||1 Medium, sliced (Pared)|
|Celery||1 , sliced|
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Tomato paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Condensed chicken broth||21 Ounce|
|Almond paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Red currant jelly||1 Tablespoon|
|Heavy cream||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Coconut||2 Tablespoon, shredded|
Calories 212 Calories from Fat 168
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.3%
Saturated Fat 11.6 g57.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 62 mg
Sodium 489.3 mg20.4%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g2.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.1%
Sugars 3.5 g
Protein 2 g4.6%
Vitamin A 34.1% Vitamin C 4.8%
Calcium 4% Iron 2.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In large saucepan, heat butter and saute onion, carrot, and celery, until golden, about 5 minutes.
2) Remove from heat.
3) Add curry powder and flour until well blended.
4) Stir in tomato paste; cook, stirring, 1 minute.
5) Gradually add undiluted chicken broth and 2 cups water; bring to boiling, stirring constantly.
6) Stir in almond paste and jelly; add cloves and cinnamon stick; simmer, uncovered and stirring occasionally, 1/2 hour.
7) Strain the mixture and let it cool.
8) Then refrigerate until very well chilled, several hours or overnight.
9) When ready to serve, skim off any fat from surface.
10) Add cream to the soup and blend well.
11) In bouillon cups, pour it.
12) Top each serving with coconut and serve hot.