- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Senegalese Lamb Loaf Recipe
|Bacon slices||4 , diced|
|Green onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), sliced|
|Ground lamb||1 Pound|
|Ground beef||1 Pound|
|Cooked rice||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Flaked coconut||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Currants||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), dried|
|Peanuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Chutney||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Hard cooked egg||1 , shelled and diced|
Calories 781 Calories from Fat 488
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 55 g84.1%
Saturated Fat 21.9 g109.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 222.2 mg74.1%
Sodium 618.7 mg25.8%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.4%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8%
Sugars 1.3 g
Protein 38 g76.2%
Vitamin A 11.7% Vitamin C 9.3%
Calcium 4.1% Iron 26.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 350°F before baking.
2) In a small frying pan, sauté bacon until crisp and transfer it with a slotted spoon to a large bowl.
3) In the same pan, stir-fry onions in pan drippings until soft.
4) Mix the sautéed onion with bacon.
5) Stir in lamb and beef together with rice, coconut, currants, peanuts, chutney, salt, and egg until well-blended.
6) Mix in hard-cooked egg.
7) Take a lightly greased 15x10x1 baking pan and pour the mixture into it.
8) Figure the mixture into an 8-inch round and bake for 1 hour in preheated oven until browned on top.
9) Transfer the loaf to a heated serving platter and garnish with parsley.
10) Using a sharp knife, slice the loaf into wedges and serve with any sauce.