- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sempio Vegetable and Laver Roll Fritter Recipe Video
|Cellophane noodles||2 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Fish cake||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), fried|
|Red sweet peppers||1⁄2 Medium|
|Green sweet peppers||1⁄2 Medium|
|Yellow sweet pepper||1⁄2 Medium|
|Oil||3 Cup (48 tbs) (for frying)|
|For the batter|
|All purpose flour||4 Tablespoon|
|For the seasoning|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Teaspoon, minced|
|Cooking oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Sesame oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1 Pinch|
|For the dipping sauce|
|Soy sauce||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
Calories 1136 Calories from Fat 1030
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 117 g179.3%
Saturated Fat 15.2 g76%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.44 mg0.15%
Sodium 362.7 mg15.1%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g10%
Sugars 0.9 g
Protein 4 g7.2%
Vitamin A 17.6% Vitamin C 83.3%
Calcium 0.8% Iron 4.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large bowl, pour hot water and soak the sweet potato cellophane noodles for about 10 - 15 minutes or until the noodles turn soft.
2. On a chopping board, place the sweet peppers and using a sharp knife slice them into thin strips and set aside.
3. Take the fish cake and chop them into quarters first and then into thin strips. Set them aside.
4. After 10 minutes, drain the noodles and using scissors cut them into 3 inch lengths and set aside.
5. For the batter: In a bowl, add and combine the flour with water until there are no lumps and set aside.
6. In a saute pan on high heat, add oil, garlic and stir fry for about 10 seconds.
7. Stir in the vegetables and cellophane noodles and fry for about 1 - 2 minutes on medium high heat.
8. Now add soy sauce, sesame oil and black pepper. Mix until well combined and stir fry for another 2 minutes on medium high heat.
9. Once done, remove the pan from heat and divide the mixture into 3 equal parts and set aside.
10. Take 1 sheet of dried laver and place it on a plate or a chopping board. Add one portion of the noodle mixture onto this sheet and start rolling it. Once rolled, make sure to leave about 1/4 inch space before the edge of the laver sheet.
11. Add about 1/2 tsp of the batter on this edge of the laver sheet and seal the roll tightly. Repeat steps 10 and 11 for the remaining 2 sheets.
12. Once done, cut the roll into 3 pieces of about 3 inches in length. Take these pieces and dip them in the batter and set aside.
13. In a pot, heat oil for frying. Once hot, fry the battered laver sheets for about 1 minute until golden brown. Once done, remove the roll on paper towels to remove excess oil.
14. For the dipping sauce: In a small bowl, add and combine the soy sauce with vinegar.
15. Serve these Vegetable and Laver Roll Fritters with dipping sauce.
You can also boil the noodles for 5 minutes to save time.