- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sempio Dakgalbi (춘천 닭갈비) Recipe Video
|Dak galbi sauce||1 Packet (Sempio)|
|Chicken breast||1 Pound|
|Sticky rice cakes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Korean sweet potato||1 Large|
|Perilla leaves||6 Large|
|Green onions||2 Medium|
|Cooking oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Sesame seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|For the chicken breast pieces|
|Cooking wine||1 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
Calories 545 Calories from Fat 66
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.6%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g6.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 65.8 mg
Sodium 580.6 mg24.2%
Total Carbohydrates 87 g28.9%
Dietary Fiber 5 g20.1%
Sugars 25.8 g
Protein 32 g64.9%
Vitamin A 112.3% Vitamin C 28.7%
Calcium 6.6% Iron 13.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. On a chopping board, place the chicken breast pieces and slice them into 1 x ½ inch inch strips. Transfer the cut pieces in a bowl.
2. In the same bowl, add and combine the cooking wine, black pepper and 2/3 packet of the DakGalBi sauce with the chopped chicken pieces. Mix until well combined and let it marinate for about 10 minutes. Set aside the remaining sauce.
3. On a chopping board, using a sharp knife, chop the korean potato, cabbage and perilla leaves same size as that of the chicken pieces. Cut the green onions stalks into ½ inch slices. Set aside.
4. In a saute pan on medium high, heat the oil and add the marinated chicken pieces, sweet potato and fry this for about 5 - 7 minutes.
5. Add the cabbage, rice cakes, remaining DakGalBi sauce and mix well. Fry this on medium high heat for about 10 - 15 minutes or until all the ingredients are cooked completely.
6. After 10 - 15 minutes, stir in the green onions and perilla leaves. Mix well and cook for another 2 minutes. After 2 minutes, switch off the heat and sprinkle some sesame seeds, mix well and get ready to serve.
7. Serve this chicken dakgalbi with steamed rice or any other dishes.