- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sempio Banquet Noodle Soup (잔치 국수) Recipe Video
|Vermicelli noodles||5 Ounce|
|For the beef|
|Ground beef||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sesame oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|For the broth|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Dried anchovy pack||1 Packet (6-7 Dried Anchovie)|
|Kelp||4 Medium ((1 x ½ Inch))|
|For the broth seasoning|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1 Pinch|
|Sempio youndu||1 Teaspoon (Optional)|
|Green onion stalks||1 Medium|
|Red hot pepper||2 Small|
Calories 639 Calories from Fat 253
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43.2%
Saturated Fat 8.1 g40.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 208 mg
Sodium 1626 mg67.8%
Total Carbohydrates 62 g20.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.7%
Sugars 7 g
Protein 34 g68%
Vitamin A 13.6% Vitamin C 43%
Calcium 6.4% Iron 20.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, add the ground beef and season it with sesame oil, soy sauce, garlic and sugar. Mix until well combined and cover the bowl with a cling wrap and refrigerate it until the other ingredients are ready.
2. on a chopping board, slice the green onions and red hot pepper and cut the zucchini and laver into thin strips and set aside.
3. Divide the egg into two bowls, one of the egg white and the other of egg yolk. Sprinkle both the bowls with little salt and set aside.
4. For the broth: In a pot over medium high, pour water and add the anchovy pack, pieces of kelp and mix well. Cover and bring it to a boil. Once it starts boiling, cook it on medium high about for 10 minutes.
5. After 10 minutes, remove the dried anchovies and kelp and season in the soy sauce, salt, black pepper and sempio youndoo. Mix well and let it remain hot for serving.
6. In a large saute pan, heat oil and fry the egg white and egg yolk on low heat or until lightly cooked and not browned. Once done, remove and transfer onto a plate and cut into thin strips.
7. Add the zucchini strips with 2 pinches of salt and fry for about 5 minutes on medium heat. Once done, remove in a plate and set aside.
8. Add the ground beef and stir fry on medium high for 7 - 10 minutes or until the beef has completely cooked.
9. In a pot, pour water and bring it to a rolling boil. Once it starts boiling, add the noodles and cook it for 5 minutes on high heat. Once done, remove and drain the noodles and set aside.
10. Take a serving bowl and add one portion of the noodles, top it with the zucchini strips, fried egg white and egg yolk, laver, beef, red pepper slices and green onions. Ladle 3 spoonfuls of the broth at the side of the bowl and serve.
This tastes very good with well fermented kimchi.