- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Semi Solar Cooked Indian Mango Lassi Recipe Video
|Milk||1 5⁄6 Cup (29.33 tbs) (1% milk, 1 1/3 cups for the homemade yogurt and rest for the lassi)|
|Yogurt||1 Tablespoon (for the homemade yogurt)|
|Mango||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced into cubes|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (to taste)|
|Ice cube||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 279 Calories from Fat 65
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11.1%
Saturated Fat 4.1 g20.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 21.7 mg
Sodium 88 mg3.7%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g5.9%
Sugars 48.4 g
Protein 7 g14.7%
Vitamin A 17% Vitamin C 38.2%
Calcium 25.2% Iron 0.98%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Assemble a solar box cooker and heat it to a temperature of 150 degrees Farenheit.
2. Boil 1 1/3 cups of milk in a microwave and cool it down to a lukewarm temperature.
3. Add 1 teaspoon of the plain yogurt. Mix it in.
4. Pour the mixture in a sterilized glass jar.
5. Wait for the crock pot stoneware in the solar cooker to cool down to 150 degrees Farenheit before placing the glass jar in it.
6. Using the haybox method cover the box with foil, clean tablecloths for insulation and close the box and place something heavy on top.
7. Keep it closed for 3 1/2 hours.
8. Take out the glass jar containing the yogurt. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
9. In a blender, place the cut mango dices, a cup of milk, sugar, ice cubes and the homemade yogurt. Pulse it.
10. Serve in a tall glass.