- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Selma'S Cottage Cheese Pancakes Recipe
|Cottage cheese||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Whole wheat flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Wheat germ||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 269 Calories from Fat 160
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.8%
Saturated Fat 3.6 g17.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 215.7 mg71.9%
Sodium 332.1 mg13.8%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.6%
Sugars 2.1 g
Protein 14 g28.6%
Vitamin A 5.5% Vitamin C
Calcium 7.3% Iron 10.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) To the work bowl of the food processor(use metal blade), add eggs and blend until fluffy and a foamy mixture forms for about 5-6 seconds.
2) Now add the cottage cheese and blend until smooth, 4-5 seconds.
3) Switch off the machine and add oil, vanilla extract, flour, salt, bran and wheat germ.
4) Mix with 3-4 on/off pulses.
5) Ensure that you do not overblend.
6) Collect the mixture from down sides of bowl by scraping.
7) Heat a lightly greased non-stick frying pan over moderate heat.
8) Before baking, test the pan by sprinkling a few drops of cold water on it.
9) The pan is ready, If the water bounces and sputters.
10) Onto a pan, ladle batter using a 1/4-cup measure.
11) Pancakes are ready to turn when bubbles appear on top and the underside is light brown in about 2-3 minutes.
12) Turn pancakes only once and further bake until the second side is done.
13) Cooking the second side requires just half the time required to cook the first side.
14) Cottage cheese pancakes are ready to be served.
Do not overprocess.
Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-low to medium heat.
Before baking, test the pan by sprinkling a few drops of cold water on it.
If the water bounces and sputters, the pan is ready.
Using a 1/4- cup measure, pour batter onto pan.
Pancakes are ready to turn when bubbles appear on top and the underside is light brown, 2-3 minutes.
Turn pancakes only once and continue baking until the second side is done.
Cooking the second side takes about half as long as cooking the first side.