- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Seaweed Salad with Carrot and Diakon Ribbons Recipe Video
|Red dulse/Wakame||1⁄2 Ounce (you can mix them or use just one)|
|Rice wine vinegar||4 Tablespoon (For Dressing)|
|Fresh ginger||2 Teaspoon, grated (For Dressing)|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon (For Dressing)|
|Wasabi||1 Teaspoon, powdered (For Dressing)|
|Roasted sesame oil||2 Tablespoon (For Dressing)|
|Carrots||1 Large (For Salad)|
|Scallion||1 , thinly sliced|
|Cilantro||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Sesame seeds||1 Tablespoon, toasted|
|Lime||1 , juice|
|Celtic sea salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 114 Calories from Fat 83
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.6%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 482.3 mg20.1%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g2.1%
Dietary Fiber 3 g11.8%
Sugars 1.2 g
Protein 2 g4.1%
Vitamin A 64.5% Vitamin C 8.9%
Calcium 5.9% Iron 14.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Soak the Seaweed: Put seaweed in a bowl cover with cold water.
2. For dressing – In a small bowl mix rice vinegar, ginger, soy sauce. Add in wasabi mix to dissolve.
3. Whisk in the sesame oil with a fork
4. For Salad – Prepare the carrot and diakon ribbons: Using a vegetable peeler, sit the carrot on the counter, using medium pressure to keep the peeler on the carrot start at the top and “peel” large slices of carrot to make ribbons.
5. Do the same thing to make the diakon ribbons. Put them into a bowl. Add cilantro.
6. Add in half the dressing to the seaweed. Toss.
7. Pour the remaining dressing over the vegetables. Toss to combine. Arrange around the outside of 2 salad plates.
8. Put the seaweed in the middle. Sprinkle with sea salt and squeeze a little lime over the salads. Garnish with scallions and toasted sesame seeds.
For seaweed - If you are using dulse let sit 5 minutes, if using wakame let sit 10 minutes or until seaweed is soft. Drain in a colander. Rinse and pat dry. Cut out the large ribs from the wakame. Discard. If the remaining pieces of seaweed are big cut them into 1” ribbons.