- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Yubuchobap Recipe Video
|Rice||2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked (made with 1 Cup (16 tbs) of short grain rice)|
|Tofu||12 Medium, seasoned and fried (yubuchobap kit)|
|Vinegar||2 Tablespoon (yubuchobap kit)|
|Vegetable||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), dried (yubuchobap kit)|
|Cucumber||1 Medium, chopped (only the green outer part)|
|Carrot||2 Medium, chopped|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (or to taste)|
|Radish||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), pickle (yellow)|
|Black olives||1 Can (10 oz), cut in half (for spooky eyes)|
Calories 2094 Calories from Fat 693
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 80 g122.6%
Saturated Fat 7.7 g38.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2206.2 mg91.9%
Total Carbohydrates 231 g76.9%
Dietary Fiber 8.5 g33.8%
Sugars 31.6 g
Protein 114 g227.2%
Vitamin A 243.5% Vitamin C 22.5%
Calcium 73.4% Iron 105.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Chop cucumber and carrot into small pieces, about 1/3 cup and put it into a bowl.
2. Add a pinch of salt, mix well and 10 minutes later squeeze out any excess water.
3. In a heated pan, add a drop of vegetable oil and saute the squeezed vegetables for 20 seconds.
4. Chop yellow pickled radish into small pieces, about 2 tbsp worth.
5. Make 2 cups of rice and put it into a large bowl.
6. Add the vinegar-based sauce little by little until you reach your preferred taste to the warm rice and mix it well with a wooden spoon.
7. Add the prepared vegetables and chopped yellow pickled radish to the rice.
8. Mix it well and cool it down.
9. Open the package of yubu and squeeze it slightly to drain out the extra sauce.
10. Open up each yubu to make a pouch.
11. Take about 2-3 tbs of rice and make oval-looking rice balls.
12. Fill each tofu pocket with a rice ball.
13. Dip the top of the pocket with the exposed rice into the mix of dried ingredients.
14. Put each pocket on to a serving plate one by one.
To make creepy eyes:
15. Fill each pouch of yubu with white rice mixed with vinegar-based sauce and form into an eye shape.
16. Cut a black olive in half crosswise.
17. Insert the half dome of the olive into the center of the yubuchobap
18. Adjust the shape to make it look like eye.
19. Serve this as snack or appetizer.