- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Seasoned Rice With Chili Recipe
|Regular long-grain rice||2 Ounce, uncooked|
|Canned low sodium chicken broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Ready To Serve)|
|Curry powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Chopped italian flat leaf parsley||2 Teaspoon (Fresh)|
|Chili||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), thawed, heated|
Calories 700 Calories from Fat 276
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50.5%
Saturated Fat 5.9 g29.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1841.4 mg76.7%
Total Carbohydrates 122 g40.8%
Dietary Fiber 62.3 g249.2%
Sugars 13.1 g
Protein 26 g51%
Vitamin A 1077.7% Vitamin C 203.5%
Calcium 52.1% Iron 147.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a 1-quart saucepan, melt margarine.
2. Add rice and cook with frequent stirring over medium heat for 1 minute.
3. Stir in chicken broth and curry powder and bring the mixture to a boil.
4. Reduce the heat to low and cover the saucepan to simmer for about 20 minutes until the liquid is absorbed.
5. Add parsley; stir to mix.
6. Serve equal quantities in 2 serving bowls.
7. Top with chili.
8. Serve immediately.