- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Korean Ojingeochae Muchim Recipe Video
|Squid||1 Pound, dried, shredded|
|Hot pepper paste||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic clove||4 Medium, minced|
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Mulyeot||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (either rice syrup or corn syrup)|
|Sesame oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Sesame seeds||1 Tablespoon, roasted (as required)|
Calories 488 Calories from Fat 255
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44.5%
Saturated Fat 4.2 g21.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 264.2 mg
Sodium 651.8 mg27.2%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.8%
Dietary Fiber 6.5 g26.1%
Sugars 7.3 g
Protein 19 g37.1%
Vitamin A 0.8% Vitamin C 10.7%
Calcium 8.4% Iron 8.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cut 1 pound of dried shredded squid into bite sized pieces and set aside.
2. To make seasoning sauce:
3. In a large bowl with a wooden spoon mix ½ cup hot pepper paste, 4 cloves minced garlic, 1/3 cup olive oil (or vegetable oil), mulyeot (either rice syrup or corn syrup) 1/3 cup and 2 tablespoon sesame oil until it becomes a shiny red sauce.
4. Put the squid strips into the seasoning sauce and mix it with a spoon.
5. Transfer it in an air-tight container and keep in the refrigerator.
6. Serve it with rice as side dish after sprinkling some roasted sesame seeds just before serving.