- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Seasonal Stir Fry Recipe Video
|String beans||1 Pound, sliced in half|
|Yellow wax beans||1 Pound, sliced in half|
|Carrots||2 Large, thinly sliced into 2-inch strips|
|Broccoflower||1 Pound (you may use any cauliflower you can find. Purple or yellow will make a colorful addition to the meal)|
|Fennel bulb||1 Large, thinly sliced|
|Swiss chard/Spinach||1 Cup (16 tbs), torn into small pieces|
|Garlic cloves||4 Large, thinly sliced|
|Green onion||1 Bunch (100 gm), cut into 2-inch pieces (about 4 stems)|
|Ginger||1 Tablespoon, grated|
|Red pepper flakes||1 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (or to taste)|
|Cracked black pepper||1 Teaspoon (or to taste)|
|Peanut oil/Sunflower oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Agave nectar||1 Tablespoon|
|Black soy beans||15 Ounce, drained, rinsed|
Calories 345 Calories from Fat 101
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g17.9%
Saturated Fat 1.9 g9.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 787.2 mg32.8%
Total Carbohydrates 53 g17.8%
Dietary Fiber 21.7 g86.7%
Sugars 12.4 g
Protein 17 g33.9%
Vitamin A 170.7% Vitamin C 220.2%
Calcium 24.6% Iron 19.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat a large work or skillet on a high heat until water droplets dance when sprinkled in it and evaporate within 1 second.
2. Add the oil and swirl to coat the wok or pan. Let the oil heat up
3. Add carrots, fennel and cauliflower and stir fry for 2 minutes. Stir continuously
4. Add the string and wax beans, green onions, garlic, ginger, cinnamon sticks and stir fry for about 3 more minutes. Keep stirring.
5. Add the soy beans and Swiss chard and continue to stir fry for an additional 2 to 3 minutes,
6. Season with salt, pepper and crushed chili flakes.
6. Turn off heat, remove cinnamon sticks, add a splash of agave nectar, stir well.
7. Serve hot over a plate of rice, couscous or pasta.
You may use any veggies you like. Snap peas, broccoli, beets, sweet potatoes etc. Use your imagination and what is in season.
Slice the veggies so they are all similar in thickness.
Start frying with the harder veggies first to give them a head start then add the softer ones. This will make it so the veggies are done cooking at the same time.
If you cannot find black soy beans, kidney beans make a good substitute.