- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Seashore Stuffed Clams Recipe
|Hard shell clams||12|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled|
|Onion||1 Medium, quartered|
|Stalk celery||1 Large, cut into 1 inch pieces|
|Sandwich bread slice||4 , quartered (Any Flavor)|
|Poultry seasoning||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 77 Calories from Fat 36
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.8%
Saturated Fat 2.4 g12.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.9 mg
Sodium 136.8 mg5.7%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g2.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.65 g2.6%
Sugars 1.1 g
Protein 4 g7.2%
Vitamin A 4.2% Vitamin C 7%
Calcium 2.8% Iron 32.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Using a food processor or a sharp vegetable knife, finely mince the garlic.
2. Finely chop the onion and celery. Remove into a bowl.
3. Pulse the bread in the food processor into fine bread crumbs. Remove to a separate bowl.
4. Mince the clams in the food processor, pulsing for 4-5 times in short bursts.
5. Wash and dry 12 clam shells. Grease them well with butter.
6. Preheat oven to 400°F.
7. In 10-inch skillet melt butter over moderate heat.
Add garlic, onion and celery and sauté until softened and lightly browned.
8. Stir in the bread crumbs and add seasonings. Sauté until lightly toasted.
9. Tip in the chopped clams with juice and sauté until clam juice is absorbed.
10. Take pan off the heat and cool the mixture slightly.
11. Spoon the clam mixture into the clam shells.
12. Arrange them on a baking tray.
13. Sprinkle with paprika, if desired.
14. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes until lightly browned
15. Arrange the clams on a platter and accompany them with lemon wedges if you like.