- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Seared Tuna Crusted with Wasabi and Sesame Seeds Recipe Video
|Tuna fillet||500 Gram (1 fillet)|
|Wasabi paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Toasted sesame seed||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Extra light olive oil/Vegetable oil||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5079 Calories from Fat 4344
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 496 g762.7%
Saturated Fat 68.9 g344.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 225 mg
Sodium 859 mg35.8%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g12.2%
Dietary Fiber 16.8 g67.2%
Sugars 5.6 g
Protein 137 g274.5%
Vitamin A 6.2% Vitamin C 8.3%
Calcium 132.7% Iron 147.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Using a pestle and mortar, crush the toasted sesame seeds.
2. Season both sides of the Tuna with some salt.
3. Apply some wasabi paste on both sides of the Tuna.
4. In a platter lay the crushed sesame seeds, and press all the exposed surfaces of the Tuna onto it, to coat it completely. Set aside for 2 minutes.
5. In a frying skillet, heat the oil, on medium flame. When the oil begins to smoke, add the coated Tuna and turn the heat down to medium low.
6. Using a fish spatula, try to turn the fish to the other side, when it ceases to stick to the bottom of the pan. Cook the other side, as well as the other faces of the fish, in a similar manner.
7. Serve with a mayonnaise dip and fresh salad, as a complete meal!