- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Seared Scallops over Wilted Spinach Recipe Video
|Canola oil||1 Tablespoon, divided|
|Shallot||1 Large, finely chopped|
|Baby spinach||312 Gram (1 package)|
|Sea scallops||12 Large|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon, divided|
|Pepper||1 Pinch (to taste)|
|White wine/Water||2 Tablespoon|
|Orange||1 Large, freshly juiced|
|Salted butter||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 208 Calories from Fat 52
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9%
Saturated Fat 1 g5.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 44.8 mg14.9%
Sodium 527.3 mg22%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.8%
Sugars 5.6 g
Protein 24 g47.8%
Vitamin A 115.7% Vitamin C 84.7%
Calcium 13.6% Iron 14%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large nonstick skillet, add half of the canola oil.
2) Add the shallots and saute for about 1 minute until fragrant and translucent.
3) Add spinach and season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Cook the spinach, by stirring, until wilted and reduced in volume, for a few minutes.
4) Transfer the spinach to a serving platter and set aside.
5) In the same skillet, heat remaining part of oil.
6) Season the scallops with salt and pepper on both the sides.
7) Add the scallops into the hot pan and sear without moving for around 2 minutes or until golden crust forms.
8) Flip the scallops and sear the opposite side for 2 minutes or less.
9) Place the cooked scallops over the wilted spinach.
10) Deglaze hot skillet with white wine or water. Add the freshly squeezed orange juice to this skillet.
11) Allow to bubble and reduce until slightly thickened.
12) Swirl in butter into the glaze.
13) Pour the orange glaze over scapllops and greens to serve.