- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Seared Pancetta wrapped Cod Recipe
|Thick cod fillets||24 Ounce (Four 175 Gram Or 6 Ounce Pieces)|
|Thin pancetta slices||4|
|Capers in vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable oil/Sunflower oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Freshly chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon (To Garnish)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1192 Calories from Fat 564
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 63 g97.5%
Saturated Fat 13.5 g67.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 291.9 mg
Sodium 1994.9 mg83.1%
Total Carbohydrates 90 g30%
Dietary Fiber 11.3 g45.4%
Sugars 7.3 g
Protein 66 g132.2%
Vitamin A 25.5% Vitamin C 56.6%
Calcium 2.7% Iron 7.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Drain the capers and soak in cold water for 10 minutes to remove any excess salt, then drain and reserve.
3. Heat the oil in a large frying pan and sear the wrapped pieces of cod fillet for about 3 minutes on each side, turning carefully with a fish slice so as not to break up the fish.
4. Lower the heat then continue to cook for 2-3 minutes or until the fish is cooked thoroughly.
5. Meanwhile, place the reserved capers, lemon juice and olive oil into a small saucepan. Grind over the black pepper.
6. Place the saucepan over a low heat and bring to a gentle simmer, stirring continuously for 2-3 minutes.
7. Once the fish is cooked, garnish with the parsley and serve with the warm caper dressing, freshly cooked vegetables and new potatoes.