- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Seared Fillet Filet Mignon Steaks With Maytag Blue Cheese Butter And Red Wine Sauce With Chive Potato Towers Recipe
|Blue cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|For the maytag blue cheese butter|
|Maytag blue cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|For the red wine sauce|
|Sauvignon||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Diced onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Russet potatoes||4 Large, peeled|
|Cabernet sauvignon wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Veal stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|For the chive potato towers|
|Russet potatoes||4 Large, peeled and quartered|
|Clarified butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Egg roll wrappers||4|
|Egg||1 , lightly beaten|
|Vegetable oil||3 Tablespoon (As Required)|
|For the steaks|
|Mignon steaks||32 Ounce, sliced crosswide into two medallions (4 Fillets Of 8 Ounce Each)|
Calories 1422 Calories from Fat 813
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 91 g140.6%
Saturated Fat 39.3 g196.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 364 mg
Sodium 1512.4 mg63%
Total Carbohydrates 67 g22.3%
Dietary Fiber 4.8 g19.3%
Sugars 4.6 g
Protein 77 g154.1%
Vitamin A 14.9% Vitamin C 38.2%
Calcium 35.5% Iron 40.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
2) In a mixing bowl, whisk together blue cheese and butter. Place in the fridge to set.
3) In a saucepan, heat butter, saute onions for 3 minutes till they turn soft and transluscent. Add in peppercorns and stir for 3 more minutes. Add in the wine and cook till the liquid has reduced to half its quantity.
4) Take the saucepan off the flame, strain the sauce through a strainer. Place the strained sauce on a double boiler and keep warm until it is time to serve.
5) Put the potato quarters in a pan, add enough water and allow it to come to a boil. Reduce the flame and cook for about 10 minutes. Drain the potatoes and place on a baking tray. Steam dry the oven for a few minutes so that the potatoes are completely dry.
6) Mash the potatoes to a smooth consistency by hand. Add into a bowl along with butter, chives, salt and pepper. Mix well.
7) Spread the egg roll wrappers on a flat surface, one end turned towards you. Spread a little of the beaten egg on the two edges away from you using a brush. Put about a cup or less of the potato mixture in the corner closest to you. Shape the mixture into a cylinder and roll up the wrapper around the mixture away from you.
8) On reaching the middle of the wrapper, fold its corners in and continue rolling. Make sure there are no gaps while folding.
9) In a heavy skillet, add 2-inches of oil and heat it to 350 degrees. Deep fry the stuffed egg rolls for about 6 minutes until slight golden brown on both sides. Drain the rolls off its extra oil.
10) In a saucepan, heat butter and sear the steaks on high heat for 2 to 3 minutes each side for medium rare and 3 to 4 minutes for medium. Leave the steaks a bit crusty on the outside, season with salt and pepper and allow to rest for a while.
11) Place the stuffed egg rolls diagonally on the plate in half.
12) Place the two halves of each tower on the plate so that the cut end faces upwards with the potato filling showing. Rest the steaks against the Chive Potato Towers.
13) Finally, add a spoonful of the red wine sauce over the Maytag Blue Cheese Butter on the steaks.
14) Serve before the butter melts.