- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Seared Chop Steak with Roasted Mushrooms and Onions Recipe Video
|Ground meat||12 Ounce (ground lean meat)|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Yellow onion||1⁄2 Medium, sliced thick|
|Mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Beef stock||4 Ounce|
|Fresh thyme||1 Teaspoon|
|Idaho potato||1 Medium, peeled and diced|
|Bacon||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), dice|
|Kosher salt||To Taste|
|Cracked pepper||To Taste|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1440 Calories from Fat 544
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 62 g95.8%
Saturated Fat 27.9 g139.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 202.1 mg
Sodium 1315.4 mg54.8%
Total Carbohydrates 132 g44.2%
Dietary Fiber 15.3 g61.3%
Sugars 1.4 g
Protein 92 g184.5%
Vitamin A 19% Vitamin C 112.5%
Calcium 10.2% Iron 26.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a pan, add the bacon and cook until crispy. Remove and set aside.
3. In the same pan, add the diced potatoes and cook until brown.
4. Pop the potatoes into the oven for 10 minutes. Remove and add bacon, salt and pepper and toss well.
5. In the same pan, add the sliced mushrooms and onion and caramelize.
6. Deglaze with some brown stock and season with thyme, salt and pepper.
7. Shape the ground meat into a patty and season with salt and pepper.
8. In a hot skillet, add olive oil and the patty for 5 minutes.
9. Finish the patty in the oven for 8-12 minutes.
10. Plate the potato hash and add the steak over it. Add the deglazed mushrooms and onions on top and serve.