- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Seared Buffalo Meat Burgers with Jalapenos, Onion and Swiss Cheese Recipe Video
|Ground buffalo||4 Pound|
|Italian panko bread crumb||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Sun dried tomato||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs) (losely packed)|
|Garlic clove||3 Medium, roasted, chopped|
|Red onion slice||3 Medium, roasted, chopped|
|Jalapeno pepper||3 Medium, roasted, chopped|
|Mad hunky no sodium rub||1 Tablespoon|
|Aged swiss cheese||2 Tablespoon (to top the burger)|
Calories 409 Calories from Fat 173
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.7%
Saturated Fat 7.8 g39.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 197.8 mg65.9%
Sodium 325.1 mg13.5%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g3.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.73 g2.9%
Sugars 3.4 g
Protein 50 g100%
Vitamin A 4.4% Vitamin C 8.5%
Calcium 8.6% Iron 40%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pre-heat your cooker to 275 degrees.
2. Slice 3 Jalapeno's in half and remove the stem and seeds.
3. Slice off 3 thick slices of red onion.
4. Place the Jalapenos, onion slices and 3 cloves garlic onto a rack and place it into your cooker heated to 275 degrees.
5. Roast the veggies until the Jalapenos and onions tender up a bit. Roughly 1 hour.
6. Pull the veggies at this point and take them into the kitchen.
7. In a medium bowl mix 3 eggs, 1 teaspoon rosemary, 1 teaspoon Thyme, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, 1 tablespoon Mad Hunky No Sodium Rub Worcestershire sauce. Mix thoroughly.
8. Place. ground Buffalo into a large mixing bowl.
9. Using your fingers, poke holes all over the meat.
10. Pour the egg, bread crumbs and spice mix over the ground Buffalo.
11. Using your hands, thoroughly mix the egg and spices into the meat.
12. Now chop the roasted onion, garlic and peppers.
13. Place them in the mixing bowl with 1/8 cup loosely packed sun dried tomatoes.
14. Mix the meat thoroughly with your hands.
15. Using wax paper and your hands, form desired sized patties.
16. Once the patties are formed shake on a liberal amount of Tatonka Dust or rub of your choice.
17. Make sure to coat both sides of every burger.
18. Turn the heat up on your cooker to 500 degrees.
19. Place the burgers on the flat griddle to sear them. (about 4 to 5 minutes per side). Cook them until the internal temp reaches 160 degrees.
20. While the burgers are cooking throw some virgin olive oil on the griddle or in a pan and sauté up some red onion to top the burgers.
21. flip the burgers and put the sautéed red onion on top.
22. Lay on a couple slices of aged Swiss cheese on top.
23. By time the cheese melts you should be at 160 degrees.
24. Remove the burgers and place on your favorite buns and serve.