- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spanish Seafood Paella Recipe Video
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion||2 Cup (32 tbs), diced|
|Red pepper||1 Cup (16 tbs), seeded and diced|
|Garlic||2 Tablespoon, diced|
|Green pepper||1 Cup (16 tbs), seeded and diced|
|Squid||1 Pound, cleaned and sliced|
|Tomatoes/Tomato paste||4 , skinned and diced|
|Spanish saffron||2 Pinch|
|Sherry||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Seafood stock/Chicken stock||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Medium grain rice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Clams||1⁄2 Pound, cleaned|
|Shrimp||12 Large, cleaned|
|Scallops||1 Pound, cleaned|
|Sweet peas||6 Ounce|
|Lemon||2 , wedged|
|Mussels||1 Pound, cleaned|
|Red peppers||3 Ounce, roasted|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste, divided|
Calories 370 Calories from Fat 112
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.7%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 151.8 mg
Sodium 444.8 mg18.5%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.9%
Sugars 4 g
Protein 29 g57.9%
Vitamin A 25.2% Vitamin C 99.2%
Calcium 7.9% Iron 32.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a paella pan, pour in the extra virgin olive oil and stir in onion, both peppers and garlic.
2. Season with salt and sweat until translucent, about 10 minutes.
3. Season the squid with salt and add in to the onion mixture. Stir for a few seconds and add in the tomatoes.
4. Make a well into the pan and stir in the Spanish saffron. Mix with a spatula.
5. Pour in the sherry and reduce briefly. Followed by seafood stock and bring to a boil.
6. Add in the rice and let it cook for 9 minutes.
7. After 9 minutes, add in the clam to the rice. Season the shrimp and scallops with salt and add in to the rice mixture after 3 minutes.
8. Cook the paella for total 18 minutes. Add in the sweet peas and cover the rice. Let it rest for 5 minutes.
9. Garnish the paella with lemon wedges and mussels and serve.
Some people say the best part of the paella is the burned crispy part on the bottom. You can do this by turning up the heat during the last five minutes of cooking.
By adjusting the amount of stock in the recipe you can make a paella that has more broth or one that is a little drier. This recipe uses a ratio of a little less than 1-3. Or one part rice to three parts stock. Increase or decrease the amount of stock to your liking.