- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Gnocchi in Seafood Sauce Recipe Video
|Ricotta cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (for the dumpling)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (for the dumpling)|
|Potato||1 Cup (16 tbs), mashwi (for the dumpling)|
|Flour||1 Tablespoon (Leveled) (for the dumpling)|
|Egg||1 (for the dumpling)|
|Chives||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (for the dumpling)|
|Roux||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (for the dumpling)|
|Garlic||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (for the dumpling)|
|Tomato sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for the sauce)|
|Shrimp||300 Gram (for the sauce)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (for the sauce)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1830 Calories from Fat 701
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 79 g120.9%
Saturated Fat 27.5 g137.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 764.2 mg
Sodium 1463.1 mg61%
Total Carbohydrates 163 g54.2%
Dietary Fiber 13.5 g54.1%
Sugars 15.8 g
Protein 110 g219.3%
Vitamin A 65.5% Vitamin C 156.1%
Calcium 116% Iron 75.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Make gnocchi dough with ricotta cheese, mashed potato, garlic, parmesan, flour, egg, chives and roux. The dough should be firm and fluffy.
2. Roll the dough into round balls and drop into a pan of boiling water. Cook for 1 minute or until they float up to the surface. Remove with slotted spoon and place on serving plate.
To make the sauce
3. Use 2 tablespoons of boiling water from the pan used to cook gnocchi and mix with tomato sauce, chives, chopped tomato.
4. Add seasoning of salt and pepper. Put small shrimps, basil can be added.
5. Add grated parmesan for final touch.
6. Spoon the sauce over gnocchi. Serve garnished with basil leaves and cheese if you like.
Roux is a cooking mixture of wheat flour and fat (traditionally butter). It is used as a thickening agent.