- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Seafood Timbale Recipe
|Whiting fillets||1 Pound, skinned (450 g)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Pint (300 ml)|
|Dried mixed herbs||1 Pinch|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Butter||1 Ounce (25g)|
|Flour||1 Ounce (25g)|
|Cooked ham||2 Ounce, finely chopped (50g)|
|Parsley||2 Teaspoon, freshly chopped|
|Potatoes||1 Pound, mashed (450 g)|
|Butter||1 Tablespoon (for coating)|
Calories 343 Calories from Fat 113
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.8%
Saturated Fat 7.2 g36.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 72.3 mg
Sodium 181.2 mg7.6%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g10%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.7%
Sugars 4.2 g
Protein 29 g58%
Vitamin A 12.9% Vitamin C 42.9%
Calcium 14% Iron 13.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 400°F.
2) Coat the bottom and sides of the ovenproof dish with 1 tablespoon of butter.
3) In a saucepan, place the fish, herbs and seasoning.
4) Simmer the fish mixture for 15 minutes or until the fish breaks easily with a fork.
5) Pour off the cooking liquid and reserve.
6) Flake the fish.
7) In a clean saucepan, melt butter and add flour , stirring constantly for 2 minutes.
8) Take the pan away from heat and slowly stream in the reserved cooking liquid, stirring continuously.
9) Place the pan back on heat and allow to boil.
10) Cook over low heat until thick and mix in flaked fish, ham and parsley.
11) In an ovenproof dish, press the mashed potatoes, to make a deep well in middle.
12) Spoon the fish sauce in the well.
13) Bake in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until completely heated.
14) If you wish to freeze the dish, then do so at this stage. Wrap the cooled dish individually in freezer bag or foil.
15) Seal, label and return to the freezer.
16) Serve hot, sprinkled with chopped parsley if desired.
17) If using the frozen timbale, remove wrappings and thaw at room temperature for 4 hours.
18) Bake in a preheated moderately hot oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until heated through.
19) Serve as expialined in step 16.