- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Seafood Stuffed Crepes Recipe
|Canned salmon||8 Ounce, drained, boned, and flake (1 Can)|
|Canned tuna||7 Ounce, drained and flaked (1 Can)|
|Canned water chestnuts/1/2 cup finely diced celery||5 Ounce, drained and chopped (1 Can)|
|Minced onion||1 Tablespoon|
|Sifted all-purpose flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||4 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Sifted all-purpose flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Melted butter/Margarine||1 Tablespoon|
|Cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (For Whipping)|
Calories 797 Calories from Fat 362
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 41 g62.6%
Saturated Fat 19.8 g99%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 261.3 mg
Sodium 1551.8 mg64.7%
Total Carbohydrates 58 g19.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g5%
Sugars 18.4 g
Protein 46 g91.4%
Vitamin A 21% Vitamin C 3.4%
Calcium 42.6% Iron 19.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, combine salmon, tuna and water chestnuts or celery. Keep aside.
2. Measure flour, sugar and salt and sift onto wax paper.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, beat eggs with wire whisk until thick
4. Add the sifted dry ingredients and whisk to a smooth, adding milk alternately.
5. Stir butter or margarine into batter and set aside to rest.
6. Preheat the oven to 350°F before baking.
7. In a medium saucepan, melt butter or margarine
8. Sauté the just onion until soft and translucent.
9. Blend in flour, salt and pepper, sautéing until it begins to bubble.
10. Gradually stir in milk and simmer, stirring until sauce thickens and boils
11. Take off the heat and stir in 2 tablespoons of the cheese and the lemon juice.
12. Stir 1 cup sauce into tuna-salmon mixture. Sets sauce and filling aside.
13. Heat an 8-inch non-stick frying pan on low heat.
14. When drops of water, sprinkled on the pan bounce about, pan temperature is right to make crepes.
15. Grease pan with a little butter or margarine.
16. Ladle less than 1/3 cup batter into pan, swirl pan to coat bottom evenly with batter.
17. Brown pancake for 1 to 2 minutes until bottom is golden and top is set turn brown lightly on other side. Remove onto a wax paper lined plate
18. Continue making 7 more pancakes with remaining batter, lightly greasing pan before pouring batter.
19. Down the center of each pancake, spoon about 2 tablespoons of prepares filling, roll up and place, seam side down, in a large but shallow baking dish.
20. Beat cream with a wire whisk, until stiff and fold into remaining sauce.
21. Spoon sauce over crepes and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
22. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes until sauce is bubbly and cheese has melted and lightly browned.
23. Serve 2 pancake rolls per serving, spooning sauce from the dish on top.
24. Garnish with chopped parsley, if you wish.