- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Seafood Stew Recipe
|Frozen crabmeat||6 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Fish fillets||1 Pound (Fresh / Frozen)|
|Clams in shell||8|
|Fish stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Canned tomatoes||16 Ounce, cut up (1 Can)|
|Dry white wine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Fresh corn ears/Whole kernel corn - 18-ounce can, drained||1 , cut into 1 inch pieces|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped to make 1/2 cup|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, snipped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Dried thyme||1 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Saffron thread||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crushed|
Calories 366 Calories from Fat 46
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8%
Saturated Fat 0.54 g2.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 89.8 mg29.9%
Sodium 955.8 mg39.8%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.4%
Dietary Fiber 6.4 g25.5%
Sugars 6.1 g
Protein 40 g80.8%
Vitamin A 37.5% Vitamin C 84.1%
Calcium 18% Iron 56%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Partially thaw crabmeat and fish.
2. Remove skin from fish fillets; cut fillets into 1-inch pieces.
3. Thoroughly wash clams.
4. Cover the clams with salted water using 3 tablespoons salt to 8 cups cold water, let it stand for 15 minutes and then rinse; repeat the process twice.
5. In a saucepan combine together fish stock, un-drained tomatoes, wine, corn, green pepper, onion, parsley, bay leaf, garlic, salt, thyme, saffron, and pepper; boil the mixture.
6. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about 30 minutes.
7. Add crab, fish, and clams; cook for another 5 minutes or till fish flakes easily with a fork and clams open but do not overcook.
8. Remove and discard bay leaf before serving.
9. Serve stew hot with French bread slices.