- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Seafood Special Recipe
|White fish fillets||1 Pound|
|Smoked oysters||1 Can (10 oz)|
|White bread slices||4|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Plain flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Pint|
|Cooked mussels||8 Ounce (Not Pickled In Vinegar)|
|Small button mushrooms||4 Ounce|
|Double cream||1⁄4 Pint|
|Chopped parsley||4 Tablespoon|
Calories 453 Calories from Fat 242
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.8%
Saturated Fat 6.5 g32.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 92.5 mg
Sodium 360.1 mg15%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g7%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.5%
Sugars 1.9 g
Protein 24 g48.6%
Vitamin A 26% Vitamin C 26.1%
Calcium 9% Iron 48.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Remove the skin off the fish fillets. Pull off any stray bones. Slice the flesh of the fish into chunks.
2) Slice the onion fine.
3) Drain the can of smoked oysters.
4) Slice the crusts off the bread. Slice the white portion into cubes for the croutons.
5) In a wok, melt 1 ounce of the butter. Toss in the bread cubes. Fry till the pieces become golden brown in color. Drain the croutons on paper towels.
6) Into the same wok add another ounce of butter. Add in the crushed garlic.
7) Stir in the onions. Season with a generous amount of salt and pepper.
8) Saute the mixture till it softens, ensuring it does not brown.
9) Add in the plain flour. Cook for a minute while stirring continously. Add in the wine. Allow the mixture to come to a boil.
10) Turn down the flame and add in the fish chunks. Spoon the sauce over it to coat well.
11) Cook the mixture on simmer for about 15 minutes. Add in the prawns, mussels and mushrooms. Cook on simmer for 5 minutes longer.
12) Add in the oysters and cream. Do not allow the mixture to boil. Add in the parsley and stir well.
13) Plate the Seafood Mixture. Just before serving top with the crispy croutons. Serve instantly.