- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Seafood Soba Recipe
|Tiger prawns||6 Medium (per serving)|
|Squid rings/Octopus rings||1 Pound (500 g)|
|Spring onion stalks||1|
|Chinese cabbage||1 Pound (500 g)|
|Soba||16 Ounce (Buckwheat , 1 packet)|
|Bonito flakes||1 Ounce (1 small packet)|
|Fresh scallops||1 Cup (16 tbs) (optional)|
|For miso soup|
|Kelp pieces||1 Small (Japanese)|
|Miso paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Ginger piece||1 Small|
|Water||34 Ounce (1 litre)|
|White pepper||To Taste|
Calories 719 Calories from Fat 41
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.2%
Saturated Fat 0.96 g4.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 263.2 mg
Sodium 1985.6 mg82.7%
Total Carbohydrates 123 g41.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g11%
Sugars 4.4 g
Protein 53 g105.8%
Vitamin A 128.2% Vitamin C 94.2%
Calcium 20.5% Iron 35.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash and clean the prawns and then devein them
2. Wash and clean the squid rings and pat dry
3. Slice the spring onions in to large pieces and then chop the Chinese cabbage into 4 cm/1.5 inch pieces. Wash and set aside to drain
4. Prepare the miso soup by simmering all the ingredients for the soup. Simmer these ingredients for 10 minutes and then set aside till required.
5. Cook the noodles by measuring out 250 g/ 9 oz of ramen for a single person. Measure out 500 ml/17 oz of reheated stock for each person. Boil the stock and then add the soba noodles to the stock and cook on high for 3 minutes.
6. Drain after 3 minutes and set the stock aside till required.
7. Rinse the soba under running water as this will stop the cooking process.
8. Portion out the soba for each person into individual bowls. Add the prawns, squid and Chinese cabbage to the boiling stock and then cook them for three minutes.
9. Tip the seafood and the poaching liquid on top of the soba noodles and sprinkle with spring onions and bonito flakes before serving.