- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
The Posh Pescatarian: Seafood Sausage Recipe Video
|Swai, basa/White fish||1 Pound|
|Sockeye salmon||1 Pound, boneless/skinless|
|Us shrimp||1⁄2 Pound, peeled and deviened|
|Us sea scallops||1⁄4 Pound|
|Alaskan king crab meat||1⁄2 Pound, partially cooked|
|Leeks||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic cloves||3 Medium|
|Green bell pepper||2 Tablespoon, dried|
|Red bell pepper||2 Tablespoon, dried|
|White pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Herbs de provence||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried ground shrimp||1 Teaspoon|
|Half and half/Heavy cream||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Lemon||1 Medium, juice and zest|
|Bell peppers||2 Medium, shredded and grilled|
|Onions||2 Medium, shredded and grilled|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable sausage casing||30 Gram|
Calories 248 Calories from Fat 97
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.7%
Saturated Fat 2.3 g11.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 94.2 mg31.4%
Sodium 417.1 mg17.4%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.3%
Sugars 3.2 g
Protein 25 g50.1%
Vitamin A 25% Vitamin C 85.9%
Calcium 7.3% Iron 11.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a skillet add oil, saute leeks and garlic until soft and then let it cool.
2. In a food processor chop swai, salmon, scallops and shrimp separately and add into a bowl placed over an ice-filled bowl.
3. Then blend well adding leeks, garlic, half and half and crab.
4. Add zest and juice of 1 lemon, spices, parsley and salt and blend well.
5. Refrigerate for about 10-15 minutes.
6. Take a small sampling, fry in a hot skillet and check for seasoning or taste.
7. Into a sausage stuffer add the sausage mix, fit the casing to the extruder nozzle and crank the handle to release sausage mix
8. Tie off sausages to desired length, spray with oil, place them on a hot grill and grill for about 9-12 minutes.
9. On a serving dish, place the sausage between hot dog breads, spread the grilled bell pepper and onion pieces, squeeze over mustard sauce and serve.