- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Seafood Salad Recipe
|Shrimp||12 Large, peeled|
|Bay scallops||1 Pound|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Red bell peppers/One red and one yellow or any sweet pepper||2 , roasted|
|Red bell peppers/One red and one yellow / any sweet pepper, roasted||2|
|Italian frying pepper||1|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Radishes||5 Small, peeled and sliced lengthwise (1 Package)|
|Japanese radishes||5 Small, peeled and sliced lengthwise|
|Whole scallions||2 , julienned|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Red wine vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled and minced|
|Dijon mustard||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 513 Calories from Fat 318
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55.3%
Saturated Fat 4.7 g23.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 118.9 mg
Sodium 420.5 mg17.5%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g3.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.4%
Sugars 2.2 g
Protein 33 g66.6%
Vitamin A 42.2% Vitamin C 124.5%
Calcium 9.1% Iron 56.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Steam the shrimp until pink for about 2 minutes and make sure you do not overcook. Put aside.
2) Steam the mussels and clams until they open, removing them as they open, about 3 minutes.
3) Ensure that you do not overcook them or they will shrink.
4) Poach the scallops in the white wine for 1 minute. Drain.
5) Arrange the shrimp, mussels, clams, and scallops on a serving plate.
6) Core peppers and cut into quarters or sixths.
7) In a frying pan,heat oil and fry all the peppers for 1 or 2 minutes.
8) Arrange all the fried peppers on the serving platter with the seafood.
9) Now add olives and radish slices.
10) In a mixing bowl, mix together all the ingredients for the vinaigrette.
11) Whisk well and top over the seafood salad.
12) Garnish by scattering the scallions and parsley over the top of the salad and serve.