- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Seafood Ravioli Recipe Video
|For the fresh pasta dough|
|For the seafood ravioli|
|Smoked salmon||100 Gram|
|Thyme sprigs||2 Small|
|Ricotta cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|For the sauce|
|Tomato puree||100 Milliliter|
|Heavy cream||250 Milliliter|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 455 Calories from Fat 251
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43%
Saturated Fat 11.2 g56.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 159.7 mg
Sodium 285.4 mg11.9%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.4%
Sugars 1 g
Protein 15 g30.9%
Vitamin A 16.2% Vitamin C 4.6%
Calcium 11.3% Iron 16.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Combine the flour, eggs & salt and knead until you have a dough like this, wrap in cling film and let it rest in a fresh place for at least half an hour.
2. To make the ravioli filling - Sauté garlic with oil in a pan until brown.
3. In a food processor, combine salmon, shrimps and blend until coarsely chopped. Add and sauté the mixture in the pan for a few minutes.
4. Add the brandy or use white wine and let it evaporate completely, then turn off the heat and let the mixture cool a bit.
5. Add the ricotta cheese, pepper, nutmeg, salt, thyme leaves to the shrimp and salmon mixture.
6. Roll out dough and use a pasta machine to make a long thin strip, about 5 ½ inches (15 cm) wide, it should be as thin as possible.
7. Now spoon the mixture in mounds, leaving a space of about 2 inches (5 cm), up to half the length of the dough, since then we'll fold it over.
8. Remove any air pockets by pressing with your fingers both inside and between the mounds align the edges.
9. Using a scalloped pastry cutter, cut around the perimeter to seal the ravioli along the sides in the middle and the ravioli are ready.
10. For the sauce add 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and a crushed clove of garlic to a pan, sauté on a low flame, then pour in the tomato puree, salt & pepper and the heavy cream. Cook for a few minutes, add a few thyme leaves.
11. Boil the ravioli in a pot of salted boiling water, until al dente, just cooked through.
12. Add to the pan with the sauce, and they are ready to be served.
13. Serve the Seafood Ravioli with the sauce, along with a fresh green salad on the side.