- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Seafood Paella Recipe
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), minced|
|Onions||4 Cup (64 tbs), finley chopped|
|Finely chopped onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Long grain white rice||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Uncooked)|
|Long grain white rice||2 Cup (32 tbs), uncooked|
|Clam juice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dry white wine||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Saffron/Ground turmeric||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Boiling water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Peeled diced plum tomatoes||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Peeled plum tomatoes||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), diced|
|Finely chopped fresh parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Roasted red peppers||8 Ounce, drained, thinly sliced and divided (1 Jar)|
|Roasted red peppers||To Taste, thinly sliced|
|Bay scallops||1 Pound, drained, rinsed|
|Scallops||1 Pound, drained, rinsed|
|Frozen peas||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), thawed|
|Clams||10 , scrubbed|
|Mussels||10 , scrubbed|
|Shrimp||20 Large, deveined|
|Shrimp||1 Pound, shelled, deveined (Large)|
Calories 977 Calories from Fat 93
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g16%
Saturated Fat 1.8 g8.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 332.9 mg
Sodium 1344.9 mg56%
Total Carbohydrates 114 g38%
Dietary Fiber 7.7 g30.9%
Sugars 13.4 g
Protein 81 g161.2%
Vitamin A 65.8% Vitamin C 116.6%
Calcium 29.5% Iron 95.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. In a large ovenproof skillet or casserole, heat oil over medium heat.
3. Add and sauté garlic until lightly browned
4. Add onions and rice and sauté for 10 minutes until soft and lightly browned.
5. Add clam juice, wine, lemon juice and paprika and stir well.
6. In a small bowl, dissolve saffron in boiling water
7. Add to pan along with tomatoes, parsley and half the red pepper.
8. Bring to a boil
9. Remove from heat, cover with lid and transfer to the lowest shelf of preheated oven Bake for about 1 hour until liquid is absorbed.
10. Stir in scallops and peas and cover
11. Turn off the oven off
12. Allow paella to stand in the oven and finish cooking in its steam.
13. Steam clams and mussels for 4 to 6 minutes in boiling water.
14. Remove each as it opens and discard unopened clams or mussels.
15. Steam shrimp for 2 to 3 minutes until pink and opaque.
16. Arrange clams, mussels and shrimp on top of paella
17. Garnish with remaining red pepper and serve immediately