- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Seafood Corn Chowder Recipe
|Onions||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Green bell pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Red bell pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Celery||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), chopped|
|All purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Low sodium chicken broth||10 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Skim milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Evaporated skim milk||12 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Whole kernel corn||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Fresh Or Frozen)|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 306 Calories from Fat 36
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.2%
Saturated Fat 0.88 g4.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 150.3 mg
Sodium 339.6 mg14.1%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g11.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.6%
Sugars 22.4 g
Protein 35 g70.8%
Vitamin A 32.5% Vitamin C 75.5%
Calcium 55% Iron 5.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large saucepan Melt margarine over medium heat.
2. Put in onions, peppers and celery.
3. Cook, uncovered, over moderate heat for 4 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
4. Put in flour to vegetable mixture, cook and stir constantly for 2 minutes.
5. Slowly Put in chicken broth and bring to a boil.
6. Put in milk, evaporated milk, Surimi Seafood, corn, black pepper and paprika.
7. Heat, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until chowder is hot.