- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Seafood Coquilles Recipe
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Mushrooms||2 Cup (32 tbs), sliced|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Light cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Gruyere cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
|Dry white wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Potatoes/Bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs), mashed|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon, melted|
Calories 541 Calories from Fat 289
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50.5%
Saturated Fat 19.6 g98.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 150.5 mg
Sodium 506.6 mg21.1%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6.2%
Sugars 1.7 g
Protein 36 g71.5%
Vitamin A 25.4% Vitamin C 29.2%
Calcium 31.5% Iron 8.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Fry onion and mushrooms quickly by turning frequently and until tender, about 5 minutes.
2) Remove from heat.
3) Stir in flour, salt and pepper until well blended.
4) Slowly mix in cream.
5) Transfer to heat and allow to boil, mixing all the while.
6) Reduce to a simmer and cook mixing all the while till the mixture is of thick consistency for about 4 minutes.
7) Now add cheese and mix till it melts and take off from heat.
8) Gradually fold in wine, lemon juice and parsley.
9) Add seafood that has been briefly fried in a bit of butter or steamed just till just cooked through.
10) Arrange in casserole dish or ladle portioned into individual scallop shells that have been placed on a cookie sheet.
(Bread crumbs can be placed on top of casserole or if using shells you can pipe whipped potatoes around the edges and place in oven.)
11) Broil about 4 inches from source of heat till golden brown, about 2-3 minutes.
12) Serve hot at once.