- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Seafood Chow Mein Recipe
|Squid||3 Ounce, cleaned (75 g)|
|Raw prawns||3 Ounce (75 g)|
|Cornflour paste||15 Milliliter (1 tbsp)|
|Egg noodles||9 Ounce (250 g)|
|Vegetable oil||90 Milliliter (6 tbsp)|
|Mangetouts||2 Ounce (50 g)|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (2.5 ml)|
|Light brown sugar||1⁄2 Teaspoon (2.5 ml)|
|Chinese rice wine/Dry sherry||15 Milliliter (1 tbsp)|
|Light soy sauce||30 Milliliter (2 tbsp)|
|Spring onions||2 , finely shredded|
|Stock||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Basic, if necessary)|
|Sesame oil||3 Drop (Few drops)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2202 Calories from Fat 933
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 106 g163%
Saturated Fat 15.8 g79.2%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 593.9 mg
Sodium 4221 mg175.9%
Total Carbohydrates 213 g71%
Dietary Fiber 10.8 g43.2%
Sugars 10.4 g
Protein 94 g187.3%
Vitamin A 23.5% Vitamin C 79.2%
Calcium 20.1% Iron 41.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Peel and devein the prawns, then cut each in half lengthways.
3. Cut each scallop into 3-4 slices. Mix together the scallops, prawns, egg white and cornflour paste.
4. Cook the noodles in boiling water according to the packet instructions. Drain and refresh under cold water. Mix with about 15ml/1 tbsp of the oil.
5. Heat 30-45ml/2-3 tbsp of the remaining oil in a preheated wok. Stir-fry the mangetouts, squid and prawn mixture for about 2 minutes, then add the salt, sugar, rice wine or dry sherry, half the soy sauce and the spring onions. Blend well and add a little stock, if necessary. Remove from the wok and keep warm.
6. Heat the remaining oil in the wok and stir-fry the noodles for 2-3 minutes with the remaining soy sauce. Place in a large serving dish, pour the "dressing" on top and sprinkle with a little sesame oil. Serve hot or cold.