- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Seafood Au Gratin Recipe
|Halibut fish/Other white fish||1 Pound (1/2 Kilograms)|
|Dry white wine/Dry cider||1⁄4 Pint (125 Milliliter)|
|Onion||1 Small, finely chopped|
|Condensed lobster bisque||15 Ounce (1 Can Or 175 Grams)|
|Frozen dressed crab||5 Ounce, thawed (125 Grams, 1 Packet Commercial Variety)|
|Frozen shelled prawns||4 Ounce, thawed (100 Grams)|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Potatoes||1 1⁄2 Pound (3/4 Kilogram)|
|Butter||1 Ounce (25 Grams)|
Calories 478 Calories from Fat 96
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.4%
Saturated Fat 4.9 g24.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 104 mg34.7%
Sodium 1281.5 mg53.4%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g15%
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g18.9%
Sugars 3.8 g
Protein 41 g81%
Vitamin A 14% Vitamin C 76.8%
Calcium 81.9% Iron 39.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a saucepan, add wine or cider and onion and place halibut on it. Poach covered for 10 minutes.
2) Remove the fish and discard skin and bones.
3) To the liquid in the pan add lobster bisque and cook in simmering heat for 2 minutes.
4) Stir in fish, crab, prawns (shrimp), parsley and seasoning. Boil the content and keep aside to cool.
5) In a pan take cold water and put potatoes in it. Bring to the boil.
6) Cook in low heat for 15 to 20 minutes till potatoes are soft.
7) Remove the potato and mash it. Add butter and milk and make a smooth paste.
8) Add seasoning to taste.
9) Take a large piping bag that has a large fluted nozzle and pipe around the edge of a 20 cm (8 in.) shallow oval ovenproof dish. Add potatoes in it.
10) Add fish mixture in the center of it. Let it cool.
11) Garnish the pie with lemon wedges on top.
Freeze open till the pie is firm. Put it in an aluminum foil, and keep it back in the freezer. Thaw at room temperature for 4 hours or alternately refrigerate for a night. Before serving, remove the foil and reheat in a hot oven at 220°C, 425°F, Gas Mark 7 for 30 to 40 minutes.